Im not very good with changes, and I prefer things just to remain just the way they are. I have been home taking care of my girls since I was pregnant with Camila. As my regular readers know, a few months ago I decided to start working outside the house in a school. I have been doing good with my business, but I was needing some adult interaction, plus I loved the oportunity to give my girls the change to interact with kids their own age.

Even though we think it was a good decision at that moment, we decided it was time to rethink and make some changes. I honestly hate when my girls are sick and I have to call in sick. They miss school and I miss my job. I simply hate having to ask for permissions and permissions, but of course, my girls are more important than anything else so I HAVE to.

Everybody from this country keep telling me: Get a maid for your house, so when your girls are sick, they can stay with the maid. That is VERY normal in this country, and people think we are nuts because we decided NOT to have a maid. We decided my girls doesnt need a maid, but they do need their mom. And they need a mom that is happy staying home with them, and not a mom that feels guilty because she has to call in to miss work again. I honestly HATE the feeling of feeling that Im doing something wrong, when Im actually doing something to take care of my daughters...

I know Im just rambling, but I bet you guys already got my point. So, the decision is made. Im going to go back home full time. Gaby and Mia will continue attending their school normally, and I will pick them up at noon. Mimi will stay home with me, and I will try to take her from time to time to some kind of program where she will be able to spend a few hours and interact with other kids.

I will continue to do stuff for the school like the yearbook and some other design projects, but everything will be done from my home and at my own schedule like Im used to. When my girls are sick, they will stay home with me as long as they need to be ready again to go back to school. I know I will miss talking to adults in "real life", but this is worth it.
Posted by 3LittleFlowers On 8:47 PM 10 comments

10 Lovely comments :

Anonymous said...

Anelys, I have more than 3 hours reading your blog since the very beggining jeje... Im impressed with the way you tell your stories and how well you express yourself, I wish I could do something like that to make Emily read all my thoughs and the moments I share with her once she's older (also stolen from one of your posts)...
Congrats on your decision, I tooootally support you on that and also on the maid thing... I wouldn't do that either and you know how complicated my life is at this moment and I still choose not to do it....
Hopefully I can do the same sometime in the next years... I was hearing this song in my way to work this morning from Aerosmith? I think that says "I dont wanna close my eyes, i dont wanna miss a thing cause I miss you"... (something like that jeje) and I though how much this is true for me since I regret all the little things I miss from Emily every day I come to work....

Well, sorry for the long post... Just wanted to let you know that since today Im becoming a follower of your blog and your work :)

Elvira

3LittleFlowers said...

Elvira: Thanks for your kind words... Im very happy that you took the time to read all about our crazy life, and I look forward for you to update your blog so I can keep up with Emily. It was really nice to see you guys and I hope we can see each other soon!!!

I dont know if you have seen my other blog, but I Emily has been featured two times in the past days... http://3littleflowersblog.blogspot.com

Josh and Tiff said...

I think that's just wonderful! It's a change and it will take some getting used to, but it will totally be worth it! You should check out your local library to see if there are any story times to bring your daughter to. That way she will have interaction with children and you can have interaction with the parents. Maybe you will even find some good friends there. Also, they usually have programs (especially during the summer) where you can drop her off for an hour or so. If I were you I would check it out asap and get a library day on your schedule

Jamie said...

I think you're making a good decision. Not because I think its the right one but because YOU think it is. You need to do what's best for you and your family. I completely understand what you're going through. I worked on and off after having my kiddos, but quit to be home last summer. Andy started getting sick and I just couldn't stand it. He's done so much better since I've been home and I haven't once regretted my decision. I had a lot of opposition from my family and co workers when I quit, but it came down to what was best for us. I'm the same way you are..I hate having to miss work and call in when the kids are sick and I HATE having to feel guilty for not shipping my kids off to a grandma so I can work while they are sick. There's plenty of time for adult life later...now it's all dress up and dolls and fun stuff :) Do y'all have playgroups near by? That's my solution for adult time and social time for the kiddos. I'm joining one as soon as cold and flu season is over!

3LittleFlowers said...

Tiff: I dont think it is going to take me ANY time to get used to it as I only worked outside the home for a few months.. Now, after being outside for 2 weeks, it is getting difficult to wake up in the morning as I still have to come back for 2 more weeks… I wish I could already be home, but I cant leave ANY work pending and I have to finish everything that I have started and hopefully train my successor. (continue reading at the bottom of this to see my answer about the library.

Jamie: Right now I didn’t had the option to ship them anywhere… It was hubby OR me (never both as we were working in the SAME school), and it was always me the one taking days off because they CANT live without him around (he is the computer tech)…. When adult time I mean to actually talk to an adult about something else that doesn’t include diapers and boogers and so on…. As I have an online business and take care of my customers online. Before I started working in the school it used to take me even 2 weeks to actually HEAR the VOICE of another adult different than hubby. Hubby will go food shopping on his way back from work, so not even to talk to the cashier I was getting out of the house… That is one of the reasons that made me wanted have an outside the home job.

Tiff and Jamie: Answering to both together about Library and playgroups… There is no such thing in here. I mean, there are but only for VERY rich people. In some cases, they are not even rich, but have an accommodate life with one child… if you know what I mean. Anyway, there is a preschool close to this one that offers “day care” per day. I cant be there, so it is a drop off scenario. But if I pay one day a week to take her for a few hours, she will play with kids her age, and doing activities, and also following instructions from another adults and not only mom and dad (which to me is very important since young age).

Anyway, this time would be different as before I started working in the school. This time I will keep the car and pick them up when they are done, so I will also be able to move around if I want to.

I know she will miss being in school.. She is VERY shy everywhere except for school.. She adores the teachers and she even knows the names of some of the kids… But, I will make a schedule to work with her and continue doing fun stuff with her.

Heather said...

Congrats! Im excited you get to spend more time with the girls and at home. You can always go back to work when they are all in school or at a later date, but for now. enjoy them while they are little and keep them healthy and happy.

-h

Anonymous said...

Anelys... you made me bring tears to my eyes... :D
When you sent me the invitation I remember I said to Pablo... "Wao Anelys pegó con esa frase"... But in my mind I never thought that you actually came up with it inspired by me and my little Diego now in heaven...that's sooooo sweet...
As for playgroups and stuff.. I totally agree with you... I wish it were something we could do about it... since we trend to compare our country so much with the states... like we have a metro lets have playgroups jejejeje

Audreee said...

Good for you. I think you made a good decision. You tried working outside the home and didn't work out 100%, so stay home it is.

Susan Lechuga said...

I think you will succeed in anything you do hon. Your girls are flourishing beautifully and are very lucky to have you as a mama. You can still have adult interaction. Just because you stay home does not mean you do not deserve girl time. You will be fine and do great mama. Hugs. I am so happy for you.

3LittleFlowers said...

h: Yeah.. I may go back later on.. Not sure if I will while we live in this country.. who knows?

Elvira: Have you been to HappyLand??

Audree: I honestly thing that Im home, Im better.

Sus: You know all the girls time I get is when I chat with you guys!! Not that I dont love it, but you know what I mean.

 

We buy most of the things online, so I have wishlists to have in one place everything that we are planning (or at least hoping) to buy.

Blog Archive

View 3 Little Flowers
View 3LF Creative Studio
View 3LF Photography

We were featured at

Our Awards

Awarded by Sara: Photobucket Awarded by Nicole and Erica: Photobucket Awarded by Denai: Photobucket Awarded by Kelly: Photobucket Awarded by Ali and Breanna: Honest Scrap Awarded by Andrea & Meaghan: Friends

Awarded by Priscila Photobucket