* You will never be peed in the face during diaper changing...
* You get to do each other's hair...
* You wont have to worry about having pets with scales or shells...
* You can forget about Snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails...
* They can all share a room and decorate it all sassy...
* You will get to do tons of girly Arts and Crafts activities...
* You wont need to fake interest about NASCAR
* You will get a tree climbers but also cookie makers in the same package...
* You always can go to another closet to finish matching your outfit...
* You always have several partners to go shopping...
* You wont have to worry about explaining PMS, because they all do...
* You dont have to worry about being teased because you are crying over a movie, because they are all crying too...
* You will never have to worry about the toilet seat left up...
* You will enjoy manicures, pedicures and facials without nobody feeling left out...
* You will always get to be the mother of the bride...
* You will never be the mother in law of the mother of your grandkids...
... in all: Everything will be Sugar and spice and all things nice!!!
They made an X-Ray and it shows his back is all swollen, and they sent him home with some meds for the pain, and a referral to go to an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. The pain didnt go away at all, and by night he still had the same pain... We had to go to the ER AGAIN at 10 something at night... I stood outside of the ER with my 3 sleeping little flowers for several hours, while they were checking him (as kids are not allowed in the ER).
They increased the meds, and we just need to hope for him to get better soon!
So, as the blog list was gone, I decided to give it a try to the 3 column blog, and instead of 3 column, I made it 4 column (it has one main column plus a medium column plus two little ones)... There are a couple of details that Im still not happy about but I will continue to work on it when I get some time... I do LOVE how it looks in general!
Hubby went downstairs to close the backyard door and here is the visitor that he found:
Hubby took this picture after he shot it with almost a whole can of Raid, and started to get dizzy (not hubby, the spider). Then, he kill it, and put it inside of a box (and then inside a bag).
Wondering what is that?? It's called The Hispaniola Giant Tarantula, and it is a VERY dangerous spider. Hubby called Gaby and Mia and showed the spider to them (through the window, of course), and at least Gaby knows that it is very dangerous and we explained her what to do if she sees a spider like that.
I just hope to be able to go to sleep without thinking about my unpleasant visitor.
2.. Im thankful that even though we were not "socially" ready at that moment, we got pregnant with Gabriela, and Im thankful that she was born "healthy" regardless the time she had to spend in the NICU.
4.. Im thankful that I found the OB that did Mia's delivery when I found her, because I think God was working with her hands.
6.. Im thankful that after all the complications that I had with Mia, she ended up being a healthy baby. Some NICU day, but healthy.
DAY FOUR (Sept. 26, 2008)
7.. Im thankful that my blood pressure have been fine after Mia's delivery, and even though it has gone up a few times, I think it has nothing to do with me having a medical situation, but a rush moment.
9.. Im thankful that my mom had the opportunity to help me out with Mia during Mimi's pregnancy, while my OB didnt want me to hold Mia.
10.. Im thankful that even though Mimi had a rough welcome into the world, she manage to get healthy and leave all the complications that she had in the past.
He was born in the states, and I was already living in this Country, and I missed his birth. One month later they came here, and words cant explain how I felt. The love I was feeling for him was so big that I couldnt believe I could feel that way for a child that is not my own. I love my brother to pieces, and probably because is his son, I felt in love with him.
A year later was his baptism, and his parents gave me the best gift of all... They made me his Godmother, and it was just huge. He was like a son to me, and now he was "My Son in God". I didnt need a reason to want to spoil him, but they gave me one.
He has grown into this wonderful little boy, and I cant wait for next week when we will be celebrating his second birthday.
I also wanted to share that my brother and godson were choosen as the Dad and Son to be in the cover of a very popular magazine in the Country for Father's Day. Later on, I will take the chance to translate the interview to English and blog about it, but in the meantime, here is one of the pictures the photographer took:
Ariel (or Rique as Mia calls him): Your godmother, Tio Ernesto and cousins Gaby, Mia and Mimi loves you VERY MUCH and are very happy to be part of your life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
You also may wonder why my title says BOYS. Two years ago was born another adorable little boy named Marcos. He was born too soon at 26 weeks and 4 days of gestation due to PROM (early in the second trimester), and he grew winds just a few hours after he was born. This baby will always be special to me because he was born the same day as my beloved nephew, and I think God has big plans for us. His mom became the only non-family person to be godmother of one of my daughters, and she is really special to us.
I was just looking at his pictures just now, and he was just so perfect. Ariel is lucky to have him in Heaven taking care of him, because I know Marcos is Ariel's special Angel. From all the days he could have been born, he was born the exact same day as Ariel, just a few hours of difference, and Im sure this is way more than a simple coincidence.
(Also, please take a moment a light a candle for him on the right size of my blog... )
Why Sassy? Even though I know what it means, I google the meaning of it and I learned about lots of meanings that it has... That's when I knew she really is Sassy!
* Lively and spirited, stylish or chic
* Fun, daring, sexy, multifaceted, someone you have to have! (of course, we dont know if she is sexy... We should ask the dog next door)....
* An adjective, typically used to describe a playful, flirty, saucy woman, particularly in reference to her verbal remarks. Occasionally, women will be *sassy* in order to get a spanking for causing trouble. The best way to tell is if her eyes are bright with mischief.
* When someone knows what they want and knows exactly knows how to get it
* Word to describe an extremely tall and goofy girl, like the female and human version of a Sasquatch (she will be very "tall" indeed).
* The adjective with an ambiguous yet positive meaning to be used as a compliment when describing someone when you can't think of any words to describe them with. It always works in making the person feel good.
* Used to describe a really bitchy and commanding girl
So, doesnt she look very Sassy?
(Got it from the Urban Dictionary)
Gaby on recess playing with the sand:
Gaby with some of her friends:
Mia is feeling better today... The actually told me that she didnt cough at all and that she was breathing just fine... After I picked her up she was coughing a bit but just because Gaby was being rough with her and she was getting to excited...
Mia and two of her girlfriends.... The one right next to her is her buddy buddy.
Mia had a "Brush your teeth" day and they asked the parents to send toothbrush and toothpaste, and they were teaching the kids how to brush their teeth:
Mimi is doing much better.... Here she is trying to hold the dog... She loves her very much, and the dog knows that she is the little one and that she cant be rough with her (she loves to bite Mia and Gaby playfully, but doesnt do it with Mimi... how sweet...).
Now, the rules:
* Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are "Kick Ass Bloggers"
* Let 'em know in your post or via email, twitter or blog comments that they've received an award
* Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to Mammadawg, the inventor of this award.
* Hop on back to the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky then pass it on!
- Heather at Love + Laughter = Life just because she manages to blog just about everything and it doesnt matter how busy life gets, she will always update us. She is not a big fan of blogging chains, but she is a Kick Ass Blogger.
- Nicole at Family News just because she has an amazing way to capture her children personalities with just a camera, and it shows on her blog what an amazing family they are.
- Sadie at Vote for Mattox just because I love the approach of her blog. She is set that she gave birth to a future President of the United States, and I love how she writes about "How to raise a future President".
- Cindy at Baby Claire just because I think they are a lovely and strong family that are trying to raise awareness about CDH. Her daughter is stinkin' cute and it's as petite as Mimi and same age.
- Kate at the O'Connell Family just because her photos say too much... I think she has an awesome talent and I love the "feel" of her blog.
I hope to receive more awards to give as there are some many blogs that I would like to give an award to. Until then....
(For some reason I edited and it got deleted..... Of course you guys knew I meant KICK and not KISS!!)
I missed work today, and I hate that. I had a big day today, and there was a votation where the whole school was involved that had to be moved by tomorrow because I couldnt go today. My daughters comes first than anything, but still bothers me not to do on time what I have to do.
The ped wanted to see her again after 48 hours of nebulization every 6 hours, so we took her in for follow up. The ped says that she is way better, and that she is mostly congested now... There is also a little bit of wheezing, so we need to decongest her with something stronger. She prescribed her an intravenous medicine which means that we need to take her every day to the clinic, or we may ask the nurse that is taking care of my grandfather to put the injection.
Starting tomorrow she will be nebulized every 8 hours, and she said that she is ready to go back to preschool as she knows I work there and will be keeping an eye on her.
Here is a picture of her while being hooked to the nebulizer:
After the nebulization of 6am things calmed down a bit, and by 7am she felt sleep. We both managed to sleep until a bit before 10am (which means 2 hours and something of sleep).
She was way better but was still short of breath... I called the ped as promised and she asked me to take her in. A few hours in the ER, and she decided to let us go... The main reason was that there was no room available and I didnt want to go to another Hospital (unless the hospitalization was 100% necessary)... She told me that the main thing is to be nebulized, and that she needs that I guarantee that I will do it no matter what...
She told me that Mia cant go to school tomorrow (duh!) or Tuesday, and that she hopes that she can come back by Wednesday. She also may start the nebulization every 8 hours by Tuesday, which will gives us a more flexible schedule...
Im looking for a nebulizer online, so if anybody knows about a good one, suggestions are welcomed. Click here to see the one that Im using at my mom's house.
So I have been at my mom's house, and hubby left home with Mimi and Gaby, and are suppose to meet me tomorrow morning by the time of the last try of nebulization, so we can call the ped and take it from there.
It's super late and even though my eyes are closing, there is no way that she will let me put her on the bed... All she wants is to be rocked, or at least held (which is what Im doing right now with my left hand).
Please, pray for her and for this being a single episode, and not the begining of asthma... We took pictures, but I will be posting them tomorrow as the cable is not here.
- We are planning to enroll Mia and Gaby in ballet classes next week, and I may enroll Gaby is soccer too... We'll see.
- I may start teaching one hour of computer..... I havent teach in sooooooo long, but Im really excited!!!
I will update tomorrow about Mia.
We have NO IDEA what we are going to do with her, and even though the girls are thrilled, we will have to do something about this. I mean, having a dog to play with will be great for the girls, but I cant afford her economically, AND I cant have another "baby" on the house.
I was looking around for belts for my girls to use with their uniforms either in leather or canvas. I needed it to be black, brown or navy, and you guys have no idea how HARD it is to find those colors for toddlers girls!!!
While I was googling for the belt I was bumped to Myselft Belts because they have a leather black belt for girls, and I felt in love with ALL the belts... They have lots of cute colors, and we decided to get a Navy one for each one of them... Now, I see that they have a brown one, and I will have gotten that one instead, but oh well!
Anyway, the belts are GREAT... Both girls can fasten the belts by themselves, and even Mia doesnt struggle when she tries to take her cloth off (which results very handy as we are Potty Training). I was a bit concerned about the velcro, but decided to buy them because some reviews said that even with the velcro, the belts holds the pants very good, and IT'S TRUE!!! Even if the pants are a bit loose, they wont fall off.
Im not sure how long they will last (meaning how long will it fit to them), but I know that Mia will be able to use Gaby's when it doesnt fit Gaby anymore... They also look very durable, so I know we wont have a problem in that subject... They have been using it for almost 4 weeks, and they look like new.
They have an option to personalize some of the belts, but personally Im not a big fan of personalization especially when it is something that the other girls could use later on.... They also gives free shipping if you buy two or more...
Here are some belts.... This one is the one I got the girls for preschool:
This one is Gaby's favorite:
And this one will look so cute on my gorgeous nephew Ariel:
Gaby's classroom with her teacher, teacher's aide, and some of the kids... She was wearing an a white shirt with orange and yellow with a fourth of july shorts (red with navy decorations), and light blue plaid sneakers (Notice how small she looks compared with the other two girls right next to her):
Camila with her mismatch cloth... She had a white shirt with navy blue and yellow flowers, a skirt with several tones of green, one pink croc and one black croc!
Remember Camila's crush? Here she is right nex to him with one of the maintenance ladies who was very mismatch herself!! Then, a pictures of her two lovely and very mismatched teachers!!! I think the one from the right (which is Mia's homeroom teacher) had the most mismatched cloth of ALL!
Gaby's face was all painted when I picked her up and they told me that they ate like there was no tomorrow... They sure had a blast!!!
We had a GREAT day at home... I had no power since early in the morning, so even though I had lots of work to do, I couldnt work at all... So, instead I spent the day playing with the girls and being silly with them... I also did some chores (actually a lot), but that didnt kept me from having lots of fun playing kitchen, blocks, dolls, soccer, etc etc etc...
The camera is still acting up, so I couldnt get pictures, but I will recharging the batteries AGAIN tomorrow, to see is that is the problem.
Continue to pray for us and the tropical depressions on our way!
Please, if you pray, keep us in your prayers!
(Updated on the 4th)
The school has an agenda that they fill out everyday where they write how was the kid (among other things), and mostly everyday the teacher have wrote that Gaby was upset...
I think that this is part of the adaptation process, and the fact that she doesnt know how to handle that she misses her old teacher and classmates, even though she likes the new ones. She keeps asking me that she wants to go to her old school to say hello, and Im not sure if that is a good idea, because I think it may make the situation worse... In the other hand, I will love if we have a playdate with her closer friends, because she will be happy...
I will think more about it, and reach to a decision... We'll see...