Most of the people that knows me knows that I was dreaming to have a boy that was going to be named Sebastian. It never ocurred to me the possibility of having all girls and not having my baby boy. As my first pregnancy was a girl, it was something really "natural" for me to think that the second one was going to be a boy. We even had cloth and toys that we were saving for when I had my boy.

When I was pregnant with Camila, and after tons of ultrasounds (because she wasnt cooperating), we learned that we were having another girl. I wont lie. I was dissapointed. I was happy that I was going to give my daughter the sister that I never had (with three brothers, I always dreamed having a sister), and I was thrilled that I was going to get the girls to share the same toys and stuff, but still dissapointed. Of course, hearing people saying: "Another girl?? Awwww, Im sorry", like not having a boy after a girl was really the worst thing in the world.

So, not big deal... I was getting my two girls "close in age", and then after a few years I was going to try for my boy, or maybe two boys... But God had other plans... Despite birth control, I got pregnant after 5 months of postpartum and even though I was dreaming about a boy, I knew it was a girl. Deep down in my heart, I knew that another girl was going to be a perfect addition to our family, but I couldnt help but to want my Sebastian. As you guys know, it didnt happened. Another girl was on the way, and I wasnt sure what to feel... Dont get me wrong... I LOVE having all girls, and I think it is the best thing that has happened to us. I dont even know how I will even fit a boy in this house.

My feelings were mixed, mostly because I knew I had to get a tubal, and Sebastian was never going to be born. How WRONG I was...

Sebastian IS born... And he is Camila's age... (the pictures are not that good, but this is the best I have):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, dont you dare to think that hubby had a kid with another woman... Or that I secretely had a baby boy and never showed to you guys... He is the son of one of hubby's cousins and I really dont know what is happening to me, but I want him!! Maybe it is my old need of having a boy, but to me he looks like Camila's twin. I told hubby: We need to have him!! Can we adopt him?? LOL

Posted by 3LittleFlowers On 10:46 PM 5 comments

5 Lovely comments :

Anonymous said...

That little boy is adorable! I know how you feel except with two boys I am wondering where my little girl is. I keep thinking I want to try one more time, but hubby refuses so I wonder if I'll ever have my girl. Now you'll have me looking at every girl I see wondering if Natalie (that's the name I have picked for a girl) is out there!

Anonymous said...

awwwww i know you love all your girls but i wish i could do some kind of magic prayer to give you a boy :( That little boy and Camila DO look so much alike.....you know what is funny is that Esteban was supposed to be Sebastian.

p.s. i didnt get to see him today because their were too many visitors and i knew she was tired ......so i called and spoke to her DH and the baby was actually born 4/28 at 4:58 PM 6 LBS 11 OZ VIA cESEAREAN ......hopefully i'll get more info and pics later this week !

3LittleFlowers said...

Nik: LOL.. If you find your girl, dont forget to post a picture!! :)

Erica: I think they are lost twins!
Please, keep me updated with Esteban!

Nicole said...

I was so shocked when I got told that I have a boy after my two girls, because I was sure it is another girl, that it took a few days to sink in.

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Oh Anelys you had me scared there for a second. I thought you were going to tell us that there had been a divine intervention or something. LOL! But I know how you feel I'm hoping for that magical miracle girl to just appear for us(No, I do not want to be pregnant again!!!!)

 

We buy most of the things online, so I have wishlists to have in one place everything that we are planning (or at least hoping) to buy.

Blog Archive

View 3 Little Flowers
View 3LF Creative Studio
View 3LF Photography

We were featured at

Our Awards

Awarded by Sara: Photobucket Awarded by Nicole and Erica: Photobucket Awarded by Denai: Photobucket Awarded by Kelly: Photobucket Awarded by Ali and Breanna: Honest Scrap Awarded by Andrea & Meaghan: Friends

Awarded by Priscila Photobucket