Most of the people that knows me knows that I was dreaming to have a boy that was going to be named Sebastian. It never ocurred to me the possibility of having all girls and not having my baby boy. As my first pregnancy was a girl, it was something really "natural" for me to think that the second one was going to be a boy. We even had cloth and toys that we were saving for when I had my boy.

When I was pregnant with Camila, and after tons of ultrasounds (because she wasnt cooperating), we learned that we were having another girl. I wont lie. I was dissapointed. I was happy that I was going to give my daughter the sister that I never had (with three brothers, I always dreamed having a sister), and I was thrilled that I was going to get the girls to share the same toys and stuff, but still dissapointed. Of course, hearing people saying: "Another girl?? Awwww, Im sorry", like not having a boy after a girl was really the worst thing in the world.

So, not big deal... I was getting my two girls "close in age", and then after a few years I was going to try for my boy, or maybe two boys... But God had other plans... Despite birth control, I got pregnant after 5 months of postpartum and even though I was dreaming about a boy, I knew it was a girl. Deep down in my heart, I knew that another girl was going to be a perfect addition to our family, but I couldnt help but to want my Sebastian. As you guys know, it didnt happened. Another girl was on the way, and I wasnt sure what to feel... Dont get me wrong... I LOVE having all girls, and I think it is the best thing that has happened to us. I dont even know how I will even fit a boy in this house.

My feelings were mixed, mostly because I knew I had to get a tubal, and Sebastian was never going to be born. How WRONG I was...

Sebastian IS born... And he is Camila's age... (the pictures are not that good, but this is the best I have):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, dont you dare to think that hubby had a kid with another woman... Or that I secretely had a baby boy and never showed to you guys... He is the son of one of hubby's cousins and I really dont know what is happening to me, but I want him!! Maybe it is my old need of having a boy, but to me he looks like Camila's twin. I told hubby: We need to have him!! Can we adopt him?? LOL

Posted by Anelys Perez On 10:46 PM 5 comments

5 Lovely comments :

Nik said...

That little boy is adorable! I know how you feel except with two boys I am wondering where my little girl is. I keep thinking I want to try one more time, but hubby refuses so I wonder if I'll ever have my girl. Now you'll have me looking at every girl I see wondering if Natalie (that's the name I have picked for a girl) is out there!

Erica said...

awwwww i know you love all your girls but i wish i could do some kind of magic prayer to give you a boy :( That little boy and Camila DO look so much alike.....you know what is funny is that Esteban was supposed to be Sebastian.

p.s. i didnt get to see him today because their were too many visitors and i knew she was tired ......so i called and spoke to her DH and the baby was actually born 4/28 at 4:58 PM 6 LBS 11 OZ VIA cESEAREAN ......hopefully i'll get more info and pics later this week !

Momto3LittleFlowers said...

Nik: LOL.. If you find your girl, dont forget to post a picture!! :)

Erica: I think they are lost twins!
Please, keep me updated with Esteban!

nicole said...

I was so shocked when I got told that I have a boy after my two girls, because I was sure it is another girl, that it took a few days to sink in.

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Oh Anelys you had me scared there for a second. I thought you were going to tell us that there had been a divine intervention or something. LOL! But I know how you feel I'm hoping for that magical miracle girl to just appear for us(No, I do not want to be pregnant again!!!!)

 

We buy most of the things online, so I have wishlists to have in one place everything that we are planning (or at least hoping) to buy.

Blog Archive

Follow us by Email

We were featured at

Our Awards

Awarded by Sara: Photobucket Awarded by Nicole and Erica: Photobucket Awarded by Denai: Photobucket Awarded by Kelly: Photobucket Awarded by Ali and Breanna: Honest Scrap Awarded by Andrea & Meaghan: Friends

Awarded by Priscila Photobucket